We’re still open, and continuing to provide you with routine and emergency dental care.
We are following Government advice to remain open to serve our patients. Thanks to the Covid-safe measures we have put in place over the last few months, we can assure you that we have done and will do everything in our power to keep you safe.
As the PM stated in his speech announcing the November lockdown ‘it is vital that non-Covid healthcare continues’. Clearly dentistry is a key part of that. He went on to say ‘So please – this is really important – unless your clinicians tell you otherwise…. turn up to your appointments…. If at all possible we want you to continue to access these services, now and through the winter.’
If you have a booked appointment, please follow government advice to attend it. If you need an appointment, please get in touch and we’ll do everything we can to help you.
Of course, the exceptions to this are:
- If you are isolating with Covid-19 symptoms or a positive test
- If you are isolating because someone in your household has symptoms or a positive test
- If you have been instructed to isolate by NHS Test & Trace
- If you are isolating on your doctor’s instructions because you are ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’
Patients that do visit for appointments can rest assured that your safety is our priority, and we’ve spent a considerable amount of time outlining every possible step we need to make to keep you safe when visiting us.
Here’s what we’ve done, and what we’ll continue to do:
- Contacting all patients before their appointment to remind them not to attend if they are feeling unwell with any coronavirus symptoms.
- Checking the body temperature of everyone as they enter the building using a no-touch forehead thermometer, as well as regularly checking the body temperatures of all staff.
- Increased appointment intervals to limit the number of people in the practice to help everyone to maintain social distancing.
- Created dedicated sessions for people most vulnerable to coronavirus, to help them feel confident and stay safe.
- Temporarily closed our waiting room – when you arrive for your appointment, we’ll ask you to remain in your vehicle until we’re ready to see you. Any forms you need to fill in can be done digitally before you leave for your appointment, or in your car after arriving.
- Disinfectant hand gel is provided for everyone entering the building and moving between rooms.
- Magazines, newspapers and toys have been removed from our waiting room.
- All surgeries are fully disinfected between appointments.
- Each member of our team wears the recommended PPE, which is changed between appointments according to recommendations..
- All frequently touched surfaces (like door handles and handrails) are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Credit and debit card and contactless transactions are welcome and encouraged to save you handling cash or receiving change.
Each of these measures have been put in place to keep us all safe as possible, and to give you confidence that you can continue to have important treatment during this troubled time.
If there’s anything you’d like to talk through, or you’ve got any questions, we’re always here for you – email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us between 9am and 5.30pm on 01676 529000.