What we’re doing to keep you safe during the coronavirus pandemic
At Balsall Common Dental Practice, your safety is our priority. We’ve spent a considerable amount of time outlining every possible step we need to make to keep you safe when visiting us.
Here’s what we’ve done, and what we’ll continue to do:
- Contacting all patients before their appointment to remind them not to attend if they are feeling unwell with any coronavirus symptoms.
- Checking the body temperature of everyone as they enter the building using a no-touch forehead thermometer, as well as regularly checking the body temperatures of all staff.
- Increased appointment intervals to limit the number of people in the practice to help everyone to maintain social distancing.
- Created dedicated sessions for people most vulnerable to coronavirus, to help them feel confident and stay safe.
- Temporarily closed our waiting room – when you arrive for your appointment, we’ll ask you to remain in your vehicle until we’re ready to see you. Any forms you need to fill in can be done digitally before you leave for your appointment, or in your car after arriving.
- Disinfectant hand gel is provided for everyone entering the building and moving between rooms.
- Magazines, newspapers and toys have been removed from our waiting room.
- All surgeries are fully disinfected between appointments.
- Each member of our team wears the recommended PPE, which is changed between appointments according to recommendations..
- All frequently touched surfaces (like door handles and handrails) are cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Credit and debit card and contactless transactions are welcome and encouraged to save you handling cash or receiving change.
Please bear with us
While the virus is still around there are some things that we need to do differently;
Our hygienists will not use the buzzy water squirter (ultrasonic scaler). Instead they will still carefully clean all the bacteria and tartar from your teeth and around your gums with hand instruments. They will then give your teeth a lovely polish as usual.
For the time being, some types of dental treatment will only be booked at certain times of the day when they can be carried out most safely. If you need one of these treatments you may not have the same choice of appointment times as normal.
Each of these measures have been put in place to keep us all safe as possible, and to give you confidence that you can continue to have important treatment during this troubled time.
If there’s anything you’d like to talk through, or you’ve got any questions, we’re always here for you – email us at email@example.com or call us between 9am and 5.30pm on 01676 529000.