All children are born free from dental disease… our goal is to help them to stay that way
Preventative Dental Care is at the very heart of everything we set out to achieve at Balsall Common Dental Practice. Never more so than where children are concerned.
Starting dental visits early is the key to making prevention work successfully. We believe that children should attend every 6 months from soon after birth – and we’ll make it easier by ensuring that they feel confident about their visit.
“Kids always get a warm welcome at Balsall Common. We’ll give them lots of encouragement and make sure they don’t dread visiting the dentist”
All children registered at the practice receive the following prevention package:
- 2 examinations per year utilising DIAGNOdent laser cavity detection.
- 2 orthodontic assessments per year to monitor growth, development and transition from baby teeth to adult teeth.
- 2 preventive fluoride varnish applications per year.
- Advice on oral hygiene and decay prevention.
- Up to 4 small x-rays per year as required.
- Up to 2 emergency appointments per year (during normal office hours).
Children under 4 years receive all of these benefits free of charge.
Children aged 4 years and over receive these benefits for £5.97 per month by Direct Debit.
Children continue to receive benefits until they leave full-time education.
Our preventative approach means that additional treatment is a rare event. But if it is needed, we’ll provide the highest standards of private dentistry at a substantial discount to adult treatment costs. See our children’s prices here.